Re: RC: creatin monohydrate & gamma oryzanol

In a message dated 8/2/00 10:35:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
twoodcock@lendleaserei.com writes:

<< While drooling over my Schneiders catalog, I came across these two
products:

 creatine monohydrate (sold under the name Muscle Max) and gamma oryzanol
(sold
 under the name Muscle).  Both are from the same company.  Both claim to
elevate
 performance, increase lean muscle gain, delay fatigue, improve recovery AND
have
 visible results in under 2 weeks.  No dosage info was given.  5lbs. of the
 Muscle Max sells for $189.95 and 16oz. of the Muscle sells for $83.95>

Gigantic price for the Creatine monohydrate--a little under twice what we
sell it for. The GO is priced at about the same as Body Builder, a product we
get from a manufacturer in New York. Very likely it's rice oil, not pure GO.

the creatine monohydrate is best combined with sugar in daily does, but it
does produce the effects claimed, and GO has an anabolic and calming effect
that is noticeable. However, I'd question the used of either of them in a
healthy endurance horse.

ti