camping

I've camped just about every way you can since starting distance riding in '89.  I have a GN, but it isn't the really plush kind.
I much prefer it to the seat, bed, or any other part of the truck (don't ask), or a tent. My trailer doesn't have to be leveled because we don't have a fridge, we have an ice box, so I save time there. I don't have an awning, but have friends that do so I don't even mess with tarps (not to mention the entertainment value of watching the Ashley's put their awning out--anyone from Ohio ever have the pleasure?). I have a porta-potty that goes in Bubba's stall when he isn't in it, so that doesn't need too much effort, especially if I park near the bathrooms. I have an electric space heater (Wal-Mart!) for camps that have hook-ups and the stovetop will get the place pretty warm if I'm desparate.  My horses are either tied to the trailer where I can feel them trying to change their situation or in the corral that is made up of one side of the trailer--thanks everyone who ever brought Lily or Secret back to me.

Oh, and I don't cook, either. Just ask any of "Maggie's Ducks" about Trail Slop!!

Sorry this got so long....

Maggie Fleming
Under A Shooting Star Farm
Bubba--where are we going?