quench bottles

I haven't caught the whole conversation about this, but Maggie mentioned it is a Michigan thing - I believe this was started by Marve Nichols from Ohio in the '70s.  Marve would crew for his wife "Streaker" and have a whole truck of these bottles.  We used the concept for years here in the north east, and at the recent Groundhog 50 in Punxsatawney Pa, the ride management actually had people on the road handing them out to riders.

Laura Hayes
AERC 2741 (wow - THAT"s an Oldie!!!)