Re: WHERE WILL ENDURANCE HORSES COME FROM...

I do have to inject something here from personal experience... in trying to
help find homes for some Arabs for sale recently I have gotten quite a few
VERY interesting emails... One stated IN as many words : "You mainly just
listed information on bloodlines, bloodlines don't matter, I don't give a
crap about that, I am just looking for a good endurance horse... Large with
good bone structure, give me a cannon bone size..." etc... now, with that
sort of statement and thought pattern floating around in buyers, HOW can
anyone expect breeders to want to pursue specifically endurance lines?  I
know not everyone thinks that way, but it is frightening how many people
have contacted me lately saying that almost exact same thing... Makes me
wonder how many of these people kill their horses when conditioning for
endurance...

Please pardon me if I sound a bit upset over this... It seems to me that no
single thing would make a good endurance/eventing/hunter Jumper/etc horse...
It seems to me to be a combination of breeding and bloodlines, conformation,
early care and handling, training, personality and overall care and
nutrition...

Just my opinion...
Melissa