Sickle Hocks

Hi Group,
An interesting point about sickle hocks is that wild animals, and Im
referring here to buck (deer) are all sickle hocked. I'm told that this is
to enable them to travel long distances each day to graze and to drink as
well as to move quickly to evade predators. I'm sure you have all heard of
cow hocks. We as cattle breeders try to breed this out of the animals only
because it doesn't look nice but Im sure if the cattle had the choice they
would all prefer to be cow hocked. I can only assume that the same applies
to horses??.
Rob.
Arikara Safaris
http://www.bigfoot.com/~arikaras