Re: Presenting a horse so as to maximize possibilties for BC

Dear Joe,

<< >     How does one go about training their horse to not rub his head on the
vet
 >(or any other nearby human, horse, tree limb, etc.)?   David is terrible
about
 >doing this, especially when he is hot, and I'm afraid I've only encouraged
the
 >habit by letting him rub his head on me by way of reward after a ride.
Thanks
 >in advance.

 I only wish I knew!  This was a case of "Do as I say, not as I do."
 Kahlil is a notorious head-rubber and Nykoss is following in his
 footsteps.

 Let's hope someone else has a suggestion on how to teach your horse to
 not do this?

 --

 Joe Long >><

      Well, thanks!  Thus far the replies I've gotten (all privately, btw),
are sort of moot . . . they mostly say, "don't let him start doing it in the
first place."  Too late for that!  One person did suggest that I start rubbing
his head with my hand, and stop allowing him to rub his head up and down my
hib/back/body.  And also, never to let anyone else rub him with their hand, or
let him rub on them . . . hopefully this will encourage him to not even
attempt to rub on anyone but me.  We shall see.

Trish & "pretty David"
Grand Blanc, Michigan