Re: Competitive Gaits

<< >  when I finally got my June EN
 >  and looked at the cover.  If you notice the cover, the horse doesn't
 >  have a two beat trot.  The right hind in on the ground and the left
 >  front is still in the air.

We have a classic Charlie Barieau photo of my husband on his first endurance
ride back in 1972. The horse in that photo also has his right hind on the
ground while the left fore has not yet hit the ground. I would consider this
quite normal for the trot. Perhaps it's speed related, I don't know. But I
don't think it's unusual.

BMc