ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Is there a truly waterproof blanket

Re: Is there a truly waterproof blanket

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Thu, 02 Oct 1997 14:42:22 -0700

Ruth Waltenspiel wrote:

> If there is a truly waterfproof blanket I have not been able to find same.

Mary Coleman, a ride manager & rider from out of central PA sells a
waterproof blanket made of 1000 denier Cordura with a light wool liner
on the inside. After standing in a downpour, the horse's back is still
dry. The only wet spot is where their manes have dripped onto their
withers.

It has been almost a year dince I last talked to Mary, but her prices
then were $65 + shipping. The blankets run a bit small - we've found
that we needed one about 2" bigger than usual. Mary can be reached
at(814) 448-2821

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV