Subject: scratches - bad stuff!
Author: ridecamp@endurance.net at smtp
Date: 6/24/97 12:34 AM

Ok, I did the baby oil and vinegar thing... didn't seem to work
for my horse. By day 5, he had scratches on both back (white) pasterns.
Didn't affect the black front legs too much. I have him wrapped
now with a mix of Furazone, DMSO, Dexamethazone and
betadyne solution. Will leave him wrapped for a day at least.
He was really sore - one pastern was pink, hot and swollen,
very tender. I know of one horse that had to pull on day 5 because
he was so sore.

I'd love to hear your ideas on preventions and cures...

nasty stuff!

Steph Teeter
http://www.endurance.net
http://www.horse-shop.com