ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #337

Re: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #337

Dorothy Steen (Destiny@a-o.com)
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 16:48:16 -0400

I have a real aversion to pulling any mane. It is just the same as someone
pulling your hair out at the rate of more than one hair at a time. I don't
think you, or anyone else, would find that the makings for a fun afternoon.
If you don't believe me, try it sometime. Remember, if our horses are so
sensitive that they can feel a fly on their side, how it must hurt to pull
out their hair!!!

Dottie and Destiny (Don't even think about pulling MY mane mother)

----------
> From: ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net
> To: ridecamp-d@endurance.net
> Subject: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #337
> Date: Thursday, May 15, 1997 6:36 PM
>
> ------------------------------
>

> ridecamp-d Digest Volume 97 : Issue 337
>
> Today's Topics:
> Tevis Cup Survival and Endurance Riding Clinic
> land of enchantment is on after all...
> Re:endurance blood lines
> Re: shortened manes
> Re: Endurance Bloodlines(long)
> Sheldon Mountain ride, Libby Montana
> Re: conditioning and work and family etc
> Horse Trailer FOR SALE
> Arab for Sale
> Re: Endurance Bloodlines
> Medial Sidebone
> Re: conditioning and work and family etc
> Biltmore Ride
> Endurance and Club Foot
> Re:Conditioning, Work, Family, etc
> Re: Endurance Bloodlines
> LAND OF ENCHANTMENT IS DEFINITELY NOT CANCELED
> Re: Endurance and Club Foot
> Thanks Steve
> Re: Bloodlines please continue
> Re: Endurance Bloodlines(long)
> Re: Endurance Bloodlines
> Horse Miles
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 10:03:29 -0700
> From: Stephanie Teeter <step@fsr.com>
> To: "'ridecamp@endurance.net'" <ridecamp@endurance.net>
> Subject: Tevis Cup Survival and Endurance Riding Clinic

Arabian
> [...]
the
> heck that vague word means <g>) - whether his daddy was Bask or the
little
> Arab stud down the road.
>
> The path from prospect to actual proven endurance horse is a long one
> determined by conditioning/training and lots of luck.
>
> All arabians in my mind have "endurance bloodlines" - heck, this is what
the
> whole breed was basically designed to do - travel long distances at a
> moderate rate of speed.
> Tina Hicks | Huntsville, AL
> Southeast Endurance Riders Association - http://www.hsv.tis.net/~slilly/
> Eastern Time Zone Squad - http://www.hsv.tis.net/~slilly/etzhome.htm
> hickst@nichols.com
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:07:44 -0700
> From: Stephanie Teeter <step@fsr.com>
> To: "'ridecamp@endurance.net'" <ridecamp@endurance.net>
> Subject: Sheldon Mountain ride, Libby Montana
>
> MaryBeth Alkire asked me to announce some trail info for the
> Sheldon Mountain Endurance Ride - May 26, in Libby, Montana.
>
> The lookout trail (the long steep one that took forever) has been
modified.
> It doesn't go all the way to the top, there is less elevation gain,
> and the trail is better.
>
> Only the 75 and 100 milers will use this trail.
>
> She predicts much faster ride times.
>
> Steph
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:13:24 -0400 (EDT)
> From: MARDIP@aol.com
> To: jakar@aiinc.com, truman.prevatt@netsrq.com
> cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: conditioning and work and family etc
>
> In a message dated 97-05-15 13:23:14 EDT, ridecamp@endurance.net writes:
>
> << Truman,
> You wouldn't have liked Rich. He wouldn't work and wanted me to
> support him, take care of him, etc. I sent him packing back to his
> mommy. I sure didn't need MORE work just when I was started to live
> life and really ride again!! Hehe!!
> Have a really good day!, Nikki >>
> GREAT answer, Nikki!
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:38:20 -0700
> From: Jessica Tuteur <jessicat@napanet.net>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Horse Trailer FOR SALE
>
> 2 horse slant load Circle J, 1991. Good condition, walk in tack room.
>
> Asking $3500./obo
>
> Located in Napa Valley, No. CA
>
> Call (707) 255-3876 or email: jessicat@napanet.net
> Jessica Tuteur, Ride Manager WINE COUNTRY 25/50, June 7, 1997
> J-M Ranch
> 1393 Green valley Rd.
> Napa, CA 94558
> (707) 258-1937 tel & fax
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:37:02 -0700
> From: Jessica Tuteur <jessicat@napanet.net>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Arab for Sale
>
> 6 year old arab gelding for sale. Bay, 15hh, ready to do a ride today.
Needs

nevadaghostridr@webtv.net

> [...]
club
> foot in the front.
>
> I do not now what the degree is or the difference between the two front
> feet but it diffinately is a club foot. I don't see any other horses at
> this breeder's farm that have any clubs - stud, mare, tons of brothers
and
> sister...nobody.
>

> Does anyone compete with a club footed horse? What problems do you have
or
> had?
>

> I have an open agreement with the breeder that he can be "returned" if I
> ever had any problems with him... I am so very bummed about this little
> guy since he is going to make some a very, very nice gelding for showing
or
> pleasure trail since I am doubtful that a horse with a club can compete.
>

> Any thoughts would be welcome. sallydm@rmci.net
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 16:52:22 -0400
> From: "Helga Loncosky" <hblmh@ptd.net>
> To: "Endurance Net" <ridecamp@endurance.net>
> Subject: Re:Conditioning, Work, Family, etc
>
> << Truman,
> You wouldn't have liked Rich. He wouldn't work and wanted me to
> support him, take care of him, etc. I sent him packing back to his
> mommy. I sure didn't need MORE work just when I was started to live
> life and really ride again!! Hehe!!
> Have a really good day!, Nikki >>
> GREAT answer, Nikki!>>
>
> Yeah, I had one of those too. Even wanted me to live without my
horses!!!!
> Forever, and make me live in town!!!!!!!:>(( I sent him packing too!
>
> As for how you do it all....... I work a 7 rotaing swing shift, go to
> school for an environmental science degree, take care of home , and help
my
> family out, and still try to fit in my horses. Oh, yeah, friends are in
> there somewhere, when I have time!<G> Nobody said it was easy. But if you
> want something bad enough, you manage to find a way to make it all work.
> agree that while your kids are growing up, you've only got that important
> influential time once. Remember Harry Chapin's song Cat's In the
> Cradle...................
>

> BEACON MORGAN HORSES
> Helga B. Loncosky
> http://home.ptd.net/~hblmh

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 17:11:39 -0400 (EDT)
> From: SandyDSA@aol.com
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: Endurance Bloodlines

> << Also, why are those of you out there with mares (retired or resting
> endurance mares) breeding those animals. They must have traits that you
> would like to see passed on in their offspring. If you didn't believe
that
> your mare would pass on something worthwhile, you would go out and buy
> foal that is already on the ground.
> >>
> Great place to rest our collective case from the rbeeder's standpoint.
Given

-