ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Bitting problem

Re: Bitting problem

tina hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 14:45:15 -0600

At 02:03 PM 3/20/97 +0000, Greenall wrote:
>I am interested in the comment about "pulling down" to save the
>back. Perhaps that is what is happening with my new horse, but
>perhaps you can expand on this.
*snip*
My endurance horses have all
>learned to streach down while moving to relax, so I am interested in
>hearing about "pulling down" being an evasive move

me too - Tony often trots/canters down the trail like this - not pulling
just with his head down almost to the ground - doesn't slow him down a bit.
I have heard it indicates fatigue and/or back problems but have not, in 3
years of riding him, seen any indication of either of these.
Tina | Huntsville, AL
hickst@nichols.com