ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Fw: Judging a trot on the ground

Re: Fw: Judging a trot on the ground

Reynolds, Nikki (jakar@aiinc.com)
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 05:11:02 -0800

> >By the way, a naturally squared behind horse is unusual. Hind feet are
> >generally much more pointed, unshod, than are the fore feet.
> >
> >ti

There seem to be plenty of us with square toed horses right here in
Ridecamp!

Rebecca Hackworth wrote:
> Unless your horse is lazy and drag his feet around. My gelding did this
> until he started getting out and down the trail...

My gelding did this until we started on haunch-strengthening exercises
in the hills and began cantering more often, paying close attention to
using both leads equally. We also switched from a western saddle to a
Sports Saddle with excellent results in gait quality. He still drags
those puppies in the pasture at a walk, but not on the trail anymore!
My farrier also quit squaring the rear toes and began rolling and
hardening them instead.
Happy Riding Everybody!, Nikki