ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: are we better now?

Re: are we better now?

Becky Huffman (hhcc1@htcomp.net)
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 22:44:37 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_01BC29B6.CDBE03A0

OK- I can't stay out of this one.

I am the worst sucker when it comes to gadgets. I love 'em. (and not just
horse stuff, it drives my husband crazy!! and I doubt that there is anyone
in Central Region that has not heard about my 'water-proof'
socks...((OK-OK, but they were very expensive and you would think that
would guarantee them to work))).

also feeling philosophical

in spite of my weakness, I do try to keep all my do-dads in perspective.
Lots of things can really help and do a lot of good (heart monitor for one,
and I love my gel-pad) but nothing will take the place of a good horse, a
commitment to a solid training program and a realistic ride schedule.
yes-I'm struggling on the last two. In about 18 years when my children are
grown, I may do a little better. I don't trust anything that says it will
heal them faster - I always wonder if that is a good thing.

I think that (no offense to anyone) lately we have seen a lot of very good
horses brought on and raced a season or two with some conditioning but
without having their homework done, a real solid base. Due to the
increased number of riders and horses exposed to the sport. If that good
horse was given a really good solid base of LSD (whoa-haven't heard that
term in a while)and a year at least of slow rides he might last much
longer.
See ya on the Trail(maybe!), Becky