Re: Sport Saddle Alert

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Wed, 06 Nov 1996 01:18:02 -0600

I've had my ss for over 5 years and have never had any trouble with it
whatso ever. I don't see any design flaws at all and really can't believe
that normal use would cause these problems.. They do solve fitting problems.
They are wonderful comfortable saddles for all animals. Please reconsider.
I'm not a dealer, and have no financial interest in your purchase, I just
know how good this saddle is.

alice
=================================
At 09:11 AM 11/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>The "saddle lady" is about ready to resume the database. I have been
>receiving numerous reports of broken pommel trees in Sport Saddles. You
>can tell if the tree is broken by grasping each side and rotating back
>and forth--you will feel the tree "give" and flex.
>
>The bad news is that the company has been, shall we say "reticent", about
>correcting manufacturing errors.
>
>This is a disappointing and distressing development as many people have
>settled on this saddle as a solution to their fitting problems. However,
>a broken pommel tree will eventually cause withers/shoulder problems and
>is not something to be ignored or taken lightly.
>
>I also was just on the verge of ordering yet another one (and with a full
>committment this time to learning to like the "wide twist") but will not
>waste my time and money on a product with questionable quality.
>
>I have decided to go with a Sharon Saare as she has answers for all of my
>personal and my horse's saddle needs.
>
>For those of you relatively new to this list, I am collecting information
>on saddles, problems, solutions, histories, anecdotal evidence,
>rider/horse conformation. I would love to hear from you so that I may
>continue to compile information and encode it. Please email my home
>address at safehavn@fast.net.
>
>Diane @ Safe Haven

Alice and Steinke
Is it really gotta be winter now? We're cold!!