Re: [RC] GPS saddle mounting ideas

In a message dated 2/26/02 5:02:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sunsetrim@hotmail.com writes:

<< I use my GPS (Garmin etrex legend)every time I ride.  I can't imagine not
 using if after the XP.  I'd really like to mount my GPS on the front of my
 saddle without doing too much damage to the saddle.  I'd also like it to be
 relatively safe and easy to take on and off of the "holder". >>

Cindy, I attached a little camera bag to the rings at the front of my saddle
with a nylon tie.  I kept my Garmin Vista (same size and general
configuration as your gps) in the bag along with my map and directions.  The
bag holds the gps unit upright and easily available.  The bag opens with a
simple velcro flap.  I never had any reception problems except in the trees
on the day we crossed the Wasatch Range.  Do you actually need to have the
unit attached to the saddle itself for constant viewing?

John Parke
Solvang CA