Re: Flash in the Pan

Howard wrote
"You know Drin, I just love it when experts such as yourself tell me what
this sport is all about.  I, obviously, have not been listening intently as
I should to ya'll."

Thanks Howard :-)

Howard wrote
 "What I meant by a flash in the pan is that there really might be a horse
who is the best horse in that particular year, who might be worthy of
entering Nationals, but doesn't have the required 500 miles horse/rider that
is now mandatory.  Isn't Nationals about the best team for that year?  Do we
have to look at lifetime achievements for the 2002 Nationals?

I knew exactly what you meant Howard , there are too many horses out there
now that are "flash in the pans" "shooting stars" whatever you would like to
call them that come into this sport and win like crazy for a year or two and
then "poof" gone . Gee , I wonder what happened to them ?? I keep asking
this question and not one of you guys that are for lowering the
qualifications will answer me " What is wrong with having to earn the right
to compete in the NC ? Otherwise why is it even called the NC ? It would
just be another ride . If that horse/rider team is worthy of entering the NC
and do not have the qualifications then they should be also be worthy to
enter it the following year when they have more time to get qualified .
                                          Drin Becker
                                          Mtn Regioin