Cadaver hooves (to Heidi)

Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
>>Karen, we've been over this same ground a great many times on this list.
And I don't think there is a real horseman out there that is not aware of
the deleterious effects of INCORRECT shoeing.  And yes, we do see a lot of
incorrect shoeing in this day and age among horses shod "cosmetically" for
show.

Regarding rendering plants--it is hard to find a healthy BAREFOOT foot
there as well.  Many are neglected, infected, untrimmed, etc.
Furthermore, a great many of the shod cadaver hooves from such places are
also the subject of neglect.  That is NOT somewhere I'd go to look for
well-shod feet.  So
statistics stating that shod cadaver feet from there are not healthy is
certainly not a valid reflection on the effects of shoeing, no matter what
Strasser says about it.<<

We're not just talking about the "deleterious effects of INCORRECT
shoeing".  We're talking about the effects of "proper shoeing".

If you go to any rendering plant, you will find textbook well shod hooves.
At any given Strasser seminar you will have probably 100 hooves to pick
from.  Many of them will be textbook, well shod.  I challenge you to go
see for yourself.  Then, come back and debate with us.  Better still, go
to one of the upcoming seminars and get all the information as well as do
the disections.  Then, make up your mind and judge for yourself.  They'll
be seminars close to your area in Feb.  They're well worth the time and
effort even if you have never intend to work your horses barefoot.

Karen