Re: RC: P&R vet check treatment

You most likely were at a NATRC ride. They still score respiration, and are
the only CTR organizations that I know of that still do. And, they do judged
obstacles, which I personally happen to love. :-).
The reason the person was waiting at the two mile marker was probably because
she was traveling too fast and was waiting out her time there. Points off for
coming in too soon, and you must have forward motion within the two mile
marker.  So, at most NATRC rides there is usually a bunch of us cooling our
heels and waiting for the clock to do it's thing, before going on in, usually
at a walk.
I ride NATRC, AHAO CTRs, and some LDs. Enjoy them all, it's just a bit hard
for me (at my age) to remember the little differences of each, while I'm in
competition mode :-)
I find NATRC to be the most difficult, and challenging, and frustrating at
times. But also the most rewarding.  AHAO CTRs are faster timed, but the
terrain is easier, and the lack of Horsemanship judging really shows.  I
enjoy the faster speeds over the easier (usually) trails, and have found that
what I've learned in NATRC (attention to detail) usually gets me better
scores. LDs, well what is there to complain about, except I have no hope of a
ribbon of any kind. So, just do the miles at the speed my horse prefers and
have a good time not having to look at my watch.

Happy Holidays, from the gang at High Winds Farm,
Jan