more on blanketing

Ray O. rno2m@virginia.edu
     I never blanket at home;my guy has a barn free-choice;he may or may
use it during foul weather.I field trial all winter,and never leave for a
trial without my waxed jute-over- wool New Zealand blanket.He is often put
up wet and chilly,outdoors on his stake-out rig,late ,after a hard day in
cold weather,with another hard day coming up.You bet I blanket him then!
Sometimes I will take it off him later at nite before i go to bed,if the
weather is calm (however cold),and if he has dried out thouroughly through
the rug,etc.A good brushing right then sets him up pretty well,it seems.