Re: RC: ROC is BACK!

Dabney Finch wrote:

>    100 milers are not only the "classic test of endurance" (for both horse
>and human) but also the "classic test of horsemanship."  You just can't get
>away with the stuff you can on a 50 when doing a 100.

This was very apparent to me at the PAC.  All the first 50 miles really
did was weed out the horses who probably should never have started.
The real contest did not begin until after mile 60.  That's when
any weak seams in the horse/rider team began to work their way apart.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA