Re: Re: GENERATORS AND NORCO RIDE

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Bass" <jbass@beattynv.com>
To: <ridecamp-request@endurance.net>; <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 9:32 AM
Subject: RC: Re: GENERATORS AND NORCO RIDE

> Debbie,
> Fair Warning. I will be attending the ride in Norco. I'm bringing my
> motorhome with generator. I plan on using the generator. You won't hear it
> early in the morning or late in the evening but if you listen closely you
> may hear it Friday afternoon and again on Saturday after the ride.
> John

Hi John, not a flame here, but an inquiry.  What is the purpose of the
generator?  I'm curious becuase I have a camper; and use both propane for
fridge, stove and heat; and then solar panels for recharging the battery to
run my lights.  Unless I needed to use a hair dryer or curling iron; fire up
the air conditioner or use a blender, I can't see the need for the
generator.  I can certainly make due without those things.....

So all of you with generators-what the heck are they for?
Karen (just curious)