heritige ride

I'd like to thank Lif for putting on a ride in such beautiful country. The
volunteers were all friendly and went out of their way to help! the vets
were great, the weather was nice,just a little bit warm in the afternoon but
nothing to complain about.There were so many ribbons  marking the trail that
there was no way to get lost. Part of the trail was marked by people on
foot, I told my husband,Blair,yeah they probably couldn't get a horse in
there! Just kidding!  Yes the trail was challenging! I was ready to wimp out
after the first 10 miles. I guess there was a 2000' elevation gain in the
first 11 miles and that was just the beginning! After 6 miles on a nice
rode, we dropped down into the canyon with the San Francisco River at the
bottom, I don't think Kidette had ever seen grass so green before, she just
dove into it! I'm sure she must have gained weight on this ride! All she did
was eat and drink. Every time we crossed the river ,I know Lif said it was
only 13 times but it seemed like 20 at least<g>,she stopped to drink!    Oh,
did I mention that my number was 13? I told them I wanted a new number but
they didn't listen. Hmmm, my horse is 13 and so are both my daughters,(one
is a foster daughter) I almost finished in 13th place.(I was 14th)
  This was my horse's first barefoot ride We did it in easy boots! Well
mostly, the back ones came off a few times because at the last minute I
decided not to foam them on. I forgot I hadn't used them sense I cut down
the back strap. The front ones didn't budge all day even while crossing the
river 20 times! OK, maybe 13. What is it about that number? I would like to
thank Brent for riding behind me the last half of the ride to tell me when a
Easy Boot had come off and then picking it up and holding my horse while I
put it back on! Where did you say your next ride was going to be Brent?
  Anyway, thanks again,Lif,I will probably be back next year to torture
myself again I think Kidette knows how to negotiate rocks now.

Lori Cox