Re: RC: helmets

In a message dated 2/5/00 11:05:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Eenergonzillen@AOL.COM writes:

<< I just got done reading something from the archives....it made me wonder,
how
 many of you wear helmets..ALL THE TIME.  I just don't see why you wouldn't.
 I realize that "back in the day" (meaning before I was born--almost 17 years
 ago) fewer people wore helmets than they do today.  So, please just tell me,
 do you wear a helmet all the time.  Do you ever find yourself not wearing
one
 when you are just riding around a field or something?  I have to say, this
is
 just like not wearing your  seatbelt when you are just "running around town".
 thanks >>

Helmet use is rather new to our sport (for those of us who've been distance
riding for multiple decades) but has become VERY common, and yes, many of us
wear them ALL the time now that we have started.  Just like seatbelts--once
you get into the habit, you start to feel strange if you don't...

Heidi