Re: RC: splint -should I sell?

In a message dated 10/12/00 3:46:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Any stories of success/failure with horses that had splints as
 youngsters and were tried in endurance? >>

Teresa;

I bought an unbroke 6 yr old, rode him easy for a little over a year, he
popped one splint, as soon as it healed he popped another. Not sure if it is
related or not, but  it happened as soon as I put on his first set of shoes.
I proceeded to condition him slowly for a few years before taking him in his
first ride. We haven't had any problem since then.  Alll in all, he has been
a great horse and I'm glad I kept him.
Hope this helps.

Jackie Baker