RC: Re: buying without riding

> I like the idea of spending some months on training and then working
on
> conditioning.  I know it'll take a long time to get to a ride that
way,
but
> the endurance rides aren't my starting place, they're my goal...And I
like
> the path to get there.  I think I fall under the category of wanting
to do
> the training.  Don't want a baby though.  A 5 or 6 yo is what I'm
thinking
> of.  I guess I like gambling.  :)

Speaking as someone who is FINALLY reaping a few rewards of raising and
training a youngster (bought her as a long yearling), there is nothing
like it. The frustrations can be unbelieveable, but my mare and I share
an incredible bond and it is just such fun to get out there and go a
distance and see her to start to realize her reason for being. It is
such a joy to be there to see her grow physically and develop mentally.
So many changes, especially this last year.

Deanna (am I a proud human or what?)