Re: Re: feed

I don't feed alfalfa often, because I had a hard time getting the Ca:P ratio
under 2:1 when I did.  Alfalfa is more of a treat for the youngstock, than food
for the riding (or rideable) horses.  You know, "If you eat all your grain, you
can have a lb. of alfalfa for dessert".  Roo only gets alfalfa (around a lb) as
his mid-ride snack when I'm "seriously" conditioning, (as opposed to just
"playing" conditioning).  This is usually once or twice a week.

Tamara

"Susan Garlinghouse" <suendavid@worldnet.att.net> on 07/22/2000 01:18:00 AM

Please respond to "Susan Garlinghouse" <suendavid@worldnet.att.net>