endurance horses can do anything

My friend Judith Anthony is heavily involved in producing a documentary on
the "Nylon Army" -- a local militia formed during WWII which lasted
through the Cold War years.  They wanted to do a re-enactment of a Coast
Guard horseback beach patrol for the film, and Judy suggested that Lakota
and Embers would be perfect for the beach patrol. When the producer asked
why these two horses should be chosen, Judy replied "Because these are
endurance horses. You can take them anywhere and do anything with them.
They're the only two horses I know that won't go crazy on the beach with
the waves and the camera crews and all the rest." And so we were chosen.:)
And we had a blast!

I thought some of you would enjoy reading the story and seeing the photos,
since both these horses are well-known on Ridecamp (the grey is Desert
Embers, formerly owned and campaigned by Tina Hicks and Samm Bartee, and
now Lakota's primary training partner).  Read about it here:
http://www.theneteffect.com/~grs/horses/nylon_army/

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310