Re: Breeding shed manners

Just a quick brag on my stallion "Macho", Eldans Alad, out of TQ Wroclaw,
out of Port Bask.  I broke this horse in 1994 as a 4 yr old, for a man who
had leased him from his breeder Van Adamson, for racing.  He was a little
cold backed but was always a pleasure to work with.  I had not worked with a
lot of stallions, but I demanded he always behave.  I don't think I can take
all the credit.  He is just an incredibly lovely guy, Doodads & all.  I fell
in love with him, but had to watch him leave to go to the track.  He was
injured & came back to me for rehab.  Then back to the track, but no great
$$$ earnings.  HE was turned back to his orginal owner/breeder who harrassed
me for 4 years to buy him, (he knew how much I loved him--- a big mistake to
fall in love with horses that U are just training.)

Finally, in Feb 1999 owner & I made a deal... 10 days later he did a slow 60
miler... then had a nice spring schedule... however I was going on another
horse & I turned him over to Who???? but an 11 year old girl to ride.  I was
a little fretful over what people might think of me, so many times we didn't
even mention he was a stallion & many people did not realize it until after
the rides were over & it was announced.  she had a great 99 on him & so far
this year has done 4 days at DVE, Fiigid Digit, a 100 at Bluebonnet which
qualified her for the Ntl. Championship, & last week, she not only won, but
B.C.'d on him in the 50 at Dry Creek.  All 130 lbs of her over 60? some odd
entries.  Once again, this horse is a gentlemen... he can share water
troughs with the mares, other stallions & of course the geldings.  U won't
ever see him even back an ear on trail, much less kick.  We put mares in
front of him, in back... just doesn't matter.  He may neigh a bit on his
first trip out of the barn in the AM, but that's IT.

We breed him with one of the string halters, ... he's always a gentlemen &
courts the mare like she was his true love.  No chains, maybe a bat, just in
case he rushes a little.   I had a stallion that was totally unmanageable
when U headed toward the mare... it was scary... I thought maybe they were
all that way.  Not so.  "Macho" is a dream... every day, any ole way.
djbd

  CYPRESS TRAILS:  SPECIALIZING IN ADVENTURE TRAIL RIDES, ENDURANCE RIDING &
LESSONS
          SEASONED HORSES FOR SALE OR LEASE---- FOR TRAIL COMPETITION OR
PLEASURE
             REP. FOR SHARON SAARE SADDLES, PROFESSIONAL CHOICE, AND KM (The
Human Electrolyte)
                                     HORSEMAN VIDEO SHOWCASE  --
Instructional Equine Videos
                     Darolyn Butler-Dial & Mark Dial
21415 Cypresswood Dr. Humble, TX 77338
                         TOLL FREE # 1 800 228 8768           Farm:  (281)
446 7232      Fax: (281) 446 0113
                             e mail: darolyn@swbell.net    Web Page:
http://home.swbell.net/darolyn/