Cairo/ ride managing

>It is my firm belief now that all ride managers go directly to a
>heaven>where they get to ride beautiful, well-mannered horses with
>comfortable>saddles while being offered large icy glasses of perfectly
chilled >lemonade

Think about it Mary Ann.  If that's what's heaven's like, the endurance
riders will all be visiting hell on weekends.  Heck, there's twice as
much laughter when the weather's really awful, and those are the ones we
reminisce about. >g< I figure God knows us well enough to give us the
right mix of pleasure and pain.

>double my pay

YOU GOT PAID???  Heck, don't let them find out how WE do it.  When I
manage it for our club, I'm expected to do everything, take all blame,
clear all storm damage from an entire trail system, absorb any costs that
don't produce receipts (like $100 worth of gas running back and forth
clearing trails...damaging vehicle, saws, etc) and then turn over all
profits to the old goat show members who sit around and talk pedigrees
and never help out at rides...so they can carefully study the books to
see if I've embezzled any of *their* money.

>Probably. Am I totally nuts? Undoubtedly. Would I rather be riding? Do
>you>really need to ask? But I know I get to go to heaven

I think of it like throwing a party for my friends.  If you go to
everyone else's parties and take advantage of their hospitality, it's
only fair to throw one for them, it's always a pain though.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.