Re: Bask???

----- Original Message -----
From: <SandyDSA@aol.com>> <<  HE SIRED ABOUT 900 GET  >>
> YIKES! Do numbers make significance? I knew a vey nice Bask mare a few
years
> back - and Bask appears in the pedigree of our daughter's smallish but
very
> athletic mare. But 900 get?? Talk about overkill. NO horse has the
quality -

(ooo- goody, numbers <G>)

just for comparison.
Raffles had 124 get and I don't know how many grandget, my system is set to
stop at 1500, and that was only 55 of his get, so can I estimate 3000
grandget??  He had 798 occurrences in Bob and Selims database (do we need to
name it?)

Bask has 900 get and someone else will have to count grandget, but he only
had 47 occurrences in the database.

that would *seem* to have some significance, but without the numbers from a
'general population' sample, we can't make any conclusions.

Becky Huffman
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/