Re: Horse camping in Ozarks

> Joylen Carlson Ridem100@aol.com
> Hey,does anyone out there know of any good horsecamping areas with good trails near I 40 (I would say within 30 miles or so)in Arkansas?Any info would be appreciated.We are headed out west for a family horsecamping trip this summer and would like to lay over in that area somewhere.Primitive camping is fine.Pretty trails are much more important to us.If someone has a  private facility with access to trails they would like to share we would be happy to pay a fee etc.We are experienced endurance riders.Thanks!

The Arkansas Traveler CTR (R4) is less than 4 weeks away and we
already have over 35 entries.  More than 23 of these entries
are from Region 6 and the slots are going fast.  This ride has
a limit of 60 so get your entries in soon.

If you need more information on this ride or a Region 4 ride
entry, you can get both off the web page for the ride.

http://hometown.aol.com/wertpgumby/AR_TRAVELER/ARKTRVL.html

Hope to see you there,
Linda McGrath - Ride Secretary

Joylen:  This ride is held in the Ozarks, about 20 miles north of  Russellville, Arkansas, right off I-20.  The horse camp is called Buffalo Gap, but you can also camp at Mack's Pines, (Hwy 7), which is a mile down the road from Buffalo Gap.  Lovely, lovely trails and Mac cooks a great hamburger.  Mack's Pines:  501-331-3261