Re: RC: Re: Re: Endurance/CTR

In a message dated 3/23/00 6:28:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mmieske@netonecom.net writes:

<< Wow, our window here in Michigan for CTR is ten minutes!!!  I LOVE
 endurance!!   >>

The points and judging systems vary a lot from group to group with CTR.  The
general principle with CTR is that the distance is covered in a set time, and
the horse is judged by condition, minus any time penalty points.  In
endurance, the course is covered as rapidly as possible while remaining in
acceptable condition, so time is the determining factor in "judging" provided
the condition parameters are met.

NATRC (and maybe a few other groups) have judging for the rider as well, and
also factor in "trail course" type obstacles, but most CTR organizations
don't do this, or at least don't put as much emphasis on the rider part as
NATRC does.

Heidi