Re: RC: "Heaves"

Lynette,
My 41 yr. old pony cannot eat hay anymore & just balls up the grass he
eats.
He gets some of the senior horse feed mixed with alfalfa pellets (or
alfalfa/grass/grain pellets) and some beet pulp made into a thick soup.
Probably not very scientific, but he gets as much as he will eat usually
three times a day. Started out by limiting the amounts he received until
I realized that once he knew he could count on it, he didn't stuff
himself. He tends come back to it as he
gets hungry during the day. When it's gone, I fill it up again. He also
has access to
a vitamin-mineral-salt mix free choice.  I wish you the best with your
horse & hope you find the right solution.
carol
oregon