Subject: RC: shoe pads
Author:  CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com
Date:    10/19/99 2:24 PM

And therein lies another beauty of Easyboots vs. pads--you can take them
OFF when conditions warrant, and put them back ON again when they are of
use.
Pads are just as bad as Easyboots in mud, clay, wet grass, etc., and under
those conditions, neither Easyboots nor pads provide any advantages.  They
ARE of use in the rocks.  The great thing about Easyboots is that one can
use
them OVER shoes in the rocks, where IMO they are even better than pads
because they put the protection a shoe's width away from the foot instead
of
right up against it.  Then when one gets out of the rocks, one can remove
them and have the grip of open feet as well as the advantage to the foot of
having it open to the environment.  They represent the best of both worlds,
and IMO, for general use, make pads all but obsolete.  Any more, I would
only choose pads for a foot with a pathological problem that needs some
sort of dressing or constant protection--such as a healing abcess or some
such.

Heidi