IT IS SO SIMPLE IT'S HARD National Championship

From: Dwebbie Zanot
Email: elkvalley@key-net.net

We must have all been dreaming the same
dreams. Two years ago my husband and I
thought up the same concept for a
rotating National Championship ride.
However our goal was to create a
competition geared to having a 50 mile
race and 100 mile race SEPERATE.
50 mile race should be only for horses who have never done a 100 mile event.
I would say the majority of membership are 50 mile riders for whatever reason, and they have nothing to aspire too.
If you lump this together where 100 n mile horses can enter the 50 that is ridiculous. How would that inspire a 50 mile rider to travel thousands of miles
to compete against the tougher 100 mile horses?
This 50 mile race may even encourage the LD riders to move up to doing 50's.

When we had this dream we also felt there was a need to have a history for
the horses entering the Regional Ride;
100 mile horses have to have 3-100
mile rides in there overall miles
50 mile horses have to have 300 miles
of 50 mile races
We thought that was a reasonable amount of miles for a horse to compete without
being as strict as the ROC
If you lump this all together, and have
no qualifying miles I think it is asking for trouble. That's my 2 cents
Debbie Zanot (NE)