Insults and Martingales

Gosh Ridecampers,
I read Lynette's post and I read the responses to her post.  It did
not seem to me that she was saying that she had all the answers.  It
did seem that she was saying that there are plausible reasons to
avoid the  constant use of running martingales.  I use a running
martingale, but I should consider its use more carefully.  Point
taken.  Lets face it, whenever any of us posts a comment to ridecamp,
no matter how much we fancy ourselves as experts, it is only our
opinion.  Clearly Lynette was asking us to consider her opinion.
Period.  Can't we give each other a little more leeway than this?
There was certainly nothing in Lynette's post that was anywhere near
as offensive as the insults she received in return.

Beth Glace
NY