riding before a ride?

If one's horse is not in shape the week before a ride, that horse is not going to get in shape in a week before a ride!  I do not ride Maggie much the week before a ride, just enough to know that she is not lame.  The night before the ride, I may ride a couple of miles, again to make sure that the trailer ride for some reason did not make her lame. Have fun!  Jeanie and Maggie in MI