major medical on inexpensive horses...

********
I personally don't have insurance on my horse except for liability.  My
horse only cost me $850 Cdn (which is about......$500 and some USD).  If
i had a more expensive horse (or more horses) i would probably have the
major medical insurance.
*********

My feeling on this is that if a major - and expensive problem such
as colic surgery comes up - i don't want to have my decision based
on economics.  Not matter what my horse costs - the balance between
what i feel for my horse vs the cost is not what I want to be
thinking about at that time.

Having major medical helps me avoid that even for a $500 horse...

Mike Maul
W/CT Regions
Sunnyvale, CA/Houston, TX