Re: questions on trailering...

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, vince.mccarty wrote:

> I would like to buy my wife a trailer so she can do
> endurance with her new horse that she is training. Problem is I am not a
> horse person. I can talk quality and dependability, but there are many
> brands and styles. Any advice?

My advice would be to buy a little toy trailer, wrap it up and give it to
her, and then the two of you can go shopping for the real thing together.
What a horse trailer NEEDS to do is haul horses safely, and all of the
other options that you mention (see below) are matter of personal taste.
There are advantages and disadvantages to all of the options, so there is
no "best."

Together you can quiz people on what they like best about the assorted
options, ,and then make a decision.

kat
Orange County, Calif.

p.s.  For the first five years I rode endurance I had a half ownership in
a $700, 1973 Stedham, all steel, two horse bumper pull.  One can easily
make the argument that anything more than this is "overkill.":) Which
doesn't mean that something more than this isn't nice to have.