RE: Dirty Saddle Blankets

I'm a fanatic about getting all of the soap out of my laundry (some time
back I was christened 'the rinse cycle queen').  I just keep running more
cycles in the washer until all of the soap is gone, and for really
hard-to-rinse stuff like terrycloth towels, I use vinegar to speed the
process.  I learned the hard way that you can only cut back so far on the
soap and still get things clean.

I realize that my clothes, saddle pads, etc. probably wear out a bit
faster, but it's worth it to me.

Cindy