Re: Rabies

In a message dated 98-03-06 13:38:00 EST, kathy@nvolve.com writes:

<< > According to the Washington State Department of Health, there has only
been
 > a single reported case of rabies in horses since 1930, and that occurred in
 > 1990.  >>

I'm sure the Washington report is referring only to cases in Washington State,
not the whole country, and that is believable since there is very little
rabies here in the NW.  Central California has lots of rabies, and I know of
one horse lost there in the '70's that I bred and sold to some people there.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)