HELP- I'm on the brink of managing a ride!

Everyone - Anyone- HELP! Talk me into my senses before I commit to
managing a ride under the influence of this long-term DIMR.  You must
act SOON the sanctioning form is on its way to me!!

Seriously, I've already committed to a co-manager to do this.  My only
hope is that once will be enough -)  In the meantime to protect innocent
riders from a badly managed ride any and all good RM suggestions will
be appreciated.  I've sent for the RM and veterninary handbook from
AERC but not received them yet so this post is a bit premature, but
I'll post now while the DIMR is high.  I think I've been to enough
rides and read enough posts to have a good idea how to mark trail
(nobody ever complains about an overmarked trail and neon pink
and orange ribbons are best - definitely avoid white ribbons against
white tree bark and yellow ribbon in grass or yellow leaves.)  I'd
love to hear various approaches to sponsorships and awards.  Specifics
on how many feet of ribbon it takes to cover a mile of trail and the
like would also be good, also how many gallons of water do you figure
per horse for basecamp/ vet checks.  How much hay -stuff like that.

I'll try to keep all replies in one folder and ask Steph about
adding a new RM FAQ to the ridecamp site too.

Thanks a bunch,

Teresa Van Hove,
Denver CO

ride will be in ND badlands - I really must be crazy :),
 except that I have an incredible eager, co-manager in ND which will
 allow this to happen! (thanks Lynette)