Re: Going bust

Joe, I guess AERC is an easy victim to pick on when a ride looses money.
When you go fox hunting as a guest there is a "cap" fee.  And you pay the
cap fee until you join.  Why?  Because you  are having fun at the expense
of others.  I jsut cannot grasp the logic that says anyone can or should ba
able to ride and not support AERC and our sport.  Each  member has his/her
own reasons for joining AERC.  And if you don't want to join at least, the
very least, support
AERC with your "cap" fee.  Gees, its only $10 bucks.  I cannot think of any
other sport where one can jsut walk in,  participate, and not pay something
for the fun.  Distance running, or marathons usually require an entry fee.
Horseshoes all have fees and the upper ones require that you belong to the
American Horse Show, so what is our problem here?  Ten bucks over the ride
cost?  Then lower your ride fee by ten bucks, that should make everyone
happy, because if my economics is correct a lower fee should attract more
riders.  Ten bucks, take it or leave it.
Jerry Fruth,  AERC #441
On Sat, 05 Dec 1998, Joe Long wrote...