ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Easyride Manager

Re: Easyride Manager

Gary Fend (garyfend@pacbell.net)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:28:35 -0700

Truman Prevatt wrote:

> I looked at this software package at the FL Classic. From what I could
> determine it is just as easy to use a good spread sheet package like Excell
> or Lotus 123. This is what we use and it works fine. It takes a little
> thought to set up the spread sheet, but there is a lot of capablity there
> that is very handy - like sorting.

I agree, we have been using a spreadsheet for over 10 years, starting
with lotus, switching to excel, and now using a combination of access
and excel.

The easycare program was supposed to include a data base of all the
members and horses belonging to aerc. When an entry came in, all you
had to do was plug in the earc no. and all the other info, address, wt
division, etc., was entered. Sounded like it would be fun to play with.

I guess the old saying applies, if it sounds too good to be true, it
probably isn't.

Gary (Taking the day off to check out the trails)
Walnut Creek, CA