Re: gloves

David Sonnenberg (furface@liii.com)
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 22:07:24 -0400 (EDT)

Tina
I ride several hours per day, here in cold NY, wearing unlined deerskin
gloves. They give both feel and warmth. A trick I learned while training
to run marathons, many years ago, may help..... don't wear gloves in the
beginning of the winter. Our coach insisted that the hands adapted to the
cold by adding capillaries to the hand. The increased blood flow they
created makes the hands warmer. It really does work. I ran an average of
ten miles a day for twelve years only wearing a sweat sock for a glove
all winter using this technique.
furface@liii.com