Re: HORSEMEN ON THE TRAIL...

Out of curiosity, whatever happened to that German fellow
who was trying to ride around the world?  The one who
had no trouble finding assistance riding across Mongolia
(hired a guy in a truck to act as crew for a few hundred
bucks plus gas) but was having trouble getting across
the US.  The one the South Koreans held his horse for
ransom and he had to pay some ridiculous number of
thousands of dollars to get it out of hock?  He was crossing
the USA from west to east and had gotten as far as, I think,
Nevada when he decided to fly home and take a few months'
break before resuming his trek.

That was the last I remember hearing.  Whatever happened
to him?

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA