Re: RC: Runners and horses

While we should not be only considering riders who want to top 10, we should not
exclude them either. There sometimes seems to me to be a "reverse snobbery" in
this sport, that is I perceive that some think that the "true endurance riders"
are the ones that ride to finish and the riders that "race" are somehow less
horsemen.  I've done both and neither is good and neither is bad, they are a
personal option.

While I personally don't do LD's  for speed conditioning, I do that in training
if I want a fast 25. I don't see a thing wrong with an LD for a little cruising
run.  I think if you ask Beth about speed work in humans she will be happy to
share that with you. Tom Ivers might throw in his two cents on horses.

Cheers
Truman

--
Vertex Engineering, Inc.