Re: recipe for homemade sports drinks

Hi Beth - Thanks for the recipe.  How important is the amount of sugar in
sports drinks?  I have a feeling this is a stupid question, but I want to
know if the benefit will be similar if there's less sugar in the solution.
For ex., would mixing a can of cranberry juice and a pinch of salt in a big
bottle of water do the same thing?  Since you listed your credentials as a
Sports Nutritionist, I'd also like to ask why many of us can't eat before or
during a ride?  Is this something we can train ourselves out of or are we
stuck feeling nauseous at the sight/smell of food?

Thanks!
Michelle