Health Certificates

Just to prove I'm a Yankee:

1.  I believe in health certificates.

2.  I believe in agricultural inspection stations and agricultural
    inspectors.

3.  I believe in laws and regulations that seek to stem the
    spread of invasive weeds and equine diseases.

I agree that the actual *implementation* of these regulations
and the knowledge and number of inspectors often (even usually)
makes them seem ludicrous (for example, John's story about the
NFS and the creek erosion), but that is a reason to improve
the system, not do away with it.

Northernly yours,

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net