Re: RC: nonsanctioned rides

At 11:25 PM 7/12/01, you wrote:

>    The "community focus" seemed a bit less intense, a bit softer

I agree with you there, Frank - what we are trying to do with Ride Over the
Rainbow is keep the "family reunion" (as one of our vets described it)
aspect of the ride, central camp fire, central meals, lesser awards, less
focus on placings, etc.  It seemed to have worked well this year (FEI
notwithstanding!).
Up here in B.C. we have fun, just as much as 15 years ago, I think.  Of
course, we don't have the riders or and huge amount of rides to factor

Barbara